OpenCart is an online store management system. It is PHP-based, using a MySQL database and HTML components.
Support is provided for numerous languages and currencies, and it is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
Advantages of Opencart
- supports unlimited number of products, categories, customers and transactions
- supports multiple languages, currencies and stores, managed from one admin interface
- The platform allows to set different customer groups (e.g. default, retail or wholesale) and specify different prices for each of them
- Opencart has the ability to proceed with payment through various methods, such as PayPal, credit cards, etc;
- OpenCart developers provide free lifetime support and updates.
Opencart provides three types of reports:
- Sales report (total amount of sales per day, week or month)
- Products viewed (list of items that are most popular among customers)
- Products purchased (products that are best sellers)